Luxembourg’s renowned bank spuerkeess warn their customer about cyber fraud and phishing via various online platform. Bank issue the advisory to their customers and said that
E-mails, SMS or phone calls from malicious individuals are currently circulating. Their aim is to steal confidential data from you, such as
- Your LuxTrust personal identifiers;
- Your card details (number, expiry date, CVV);
This information then allows these individuals to usurp your banking identity and carry out transactions without your knowledge.
For more security, we advise you to apply the following rules:
- Beware of unsolicited emails, text messages or calls from unknown parties;
- Never pass on your confidential data to anyone;
- Always use our S-Net Mobile app on your smartphones or tablets or use our website at www.spuerkeess.lu or bcee.snet.lu;
- Use LuxTrust Mobile which will give you more information about the transaction to be validated;
What is Phishing ?
Phishing is a fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Phishing emails or messages typically contain a link that, when clicked, directs the user to a fake website that closely resembles the legitimate site. Once the user enters their information on the fake site, the phisher can steal it and use it for malicious purposes.
Phishing attacks are one of the most common types of cybercrime, and they can have serious consequences for individuals and businesses. If you are the victim of a phishing attack, your personal information could be used to commit identity theft, fraud, or other crimes. Your business could also be damaged if your customers’ information is compromised.
Here are some tips to avoid phishing attacks:
- Be suspicious of any unsolicited emails or messages that ask for your personal information.
- Hover over links before clicking on them to see if the real address is different from the displayed address.
- Never enter your personal information on a website unless you are sure it is legitimate.
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Install antivirus and anti-malware software on your computer and keep it up to date.
- Be aware of the latest phishing scams and report any suspicious emails or messages to the appropriate authorities.
how can you protect yourself against phishing attacks
To protect yourself against phishing, be cautious of unsolicited emails, text messages, and calls. Never share personal information, such as online banking passwords or credit card details, in response to an email. Use S-Net Mobile on your smartphone or tablet or type https://bcee.snet.lu into your web browser. Consider using LuxTrust Mobile for transactions instead of a token, as it provides more transaction details.
Remember, Spuerkeess will never:
- Send an email or SMS asking for personal information (online banking password, credit card details, etc.)
- Send an unsolicited or unrequested non-encrypted email or SMS containing an executable program to install on your computer
- Call you by phone to ask for personal information
The S-Net site is authenticated by a digital certificate issued on behalf of Spuerkeess. It is presented every time you log on.
By following these tips, you can help protect yourself from phishing attacks and keep your personal information safe.